Saturday, February 5, 2011

Yudham Sei - Hats off Mysskin!

I have been seeing almost all new releases and I don't remember any movie in recent past which has created such an impact like Yudham Sei.

Only my body came out of theatre. My mind is still in that movie.

The issue which Mysskin has taken, the way he carried the suspense, the way he justified the yudham... everything was outstanding.

I felt like I was part of Cheran's investigation team, I cried along with YGMahendran for his daughter, I fought with Jayprakash, I killed all those scoundrels.... Overall, I was completely inside the movie.

Star cast was perfect!

BGMs were very good! Lot of Raaja inspiration..

Cinematography helped us see the characters with Mysskin's eyes.

Bharathiyar poetically expressed his anger. Mysskin expressed through this movie. Hats off Mysskin!

If you miss seeing this movie, you will be missing one of the best movies Thamizh cinema has ever seen.

3 comments:

  1. HI ,
    Nice review of nice movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karthik,

    Thanks for Taking time off yesterday........ It was great to watch "Yutham Sei"

    Jai Prakash was outstanding....all the other characters as well........Y GEE has been justified in this movie for his acting skills..I am fan of his acting.....

    I take back my words on the fight squence on walkway, it looks similar to Anjathey but fight composition was different I did watch yesterday night again on web for Anjathey scene...

    Need to see how far the concept of the movie will go down with audience.....

    Cheers,
    Vinodh G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw the movie.There was few places were the acting was bad.For instance the mother's reaction of falling down frequently after knowing her daughter was raped did not do justice to the situation.Now this is where the director needs to come in.Also in the climax the boy will be moving between his dead father and mother and the camera angle from top.This will how Deivamagan may well be the scene may have been inspired from Deivamagan.The way Manikka Vonayagam and inspector revealing vital clues was bad because their reaction was like trying to act instead of being the culprits.For me the movie was predictable perhaps I have seen too many movies in this genre especially SAW series.Another thing is the group not doing anything to Cherans sister.Now these are the flaws in the movie.
    The movie was entertaining and engaging and just one song was welcome break and other directors should take cue from this.For me the other song is also not necessary perhaps could be used during intro or after end.

    ReplyDelete