Thursday, June 3, 2010

Singam - Not bad

There were mixed reviews about Singam.. I went to theatre with the belief that I won't like the movie..May be, that attitude helped.. The movie was not appearing that bad as I was told..

Yes, yet another commercial masala.. But there are some good scenes too.. While in all films, hero will be single man army and villain will have a big gang, the first half of the movie was different with Surya having such a big gang in his native which scares even Prakashraj..

What I didn't like in this movie are Vivek's mokka comedies, 'engeyo ketta maadhiri irukke' kinda songs from DSP and the theft done by Hari during 2nd half. That diverting police and villain moving in Andhra direction is completely stolen from Anjaadhe.. Why do you want to do it Hari? Your creativity is not that bad.. You could have tried something on your own..

Surprisingly, I liked Anushka for the first time..Don't know why (But definitely not because of that rainbow song :P)

The stunt master should be appreciated.. The fight sequences were really powerful..

So were the dialogues.. That 'ongi adicha ondra ton weight' dialogue appeared like 'too much' while seeing in trailer.. But while looking in sequence, that scene was sema mass. Surya had really done a good job..

I don't know what my review would have been if this movie was acted by Vijay or Ajith. I have a positive bias for Surya that he is balancing between commercial and classic movies. Next is Rakthacharithra from him which is a good sign that he didn't get caught in image net like Vijay or Ajith..Keep going Surya!

Singam can be watched once, for sure!

2 comments:

  1. I heard that this movie is a remake of Telugu movie 'vikramarkudu' starring Ravi Teja which was a hit movie. I haven't seen both so can't confirm it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing to say much more about singam, karthik told everything and explained clearly..! I like anushka face reactions and suryas punch dialogues, awesome dance also..! But in story we need much more from Hari..! Better luck next time..

    ReplyDelete